Finance Intern - Memphis, TN (School Year 2023-24)
Finance Intern - School Year 2023-24
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., (DU) the leader in wetlands and waterfowl, has an opening for a Finance Intern at our National Headquarters in Memphis, TN. The Finance intern position will support the Finance team in executing the finance and internal control functions of the organization. Administratively reporting to the Director of Finance and Internal Audit and working closely with the Accounting Analyst, the Finance Intern will assist with internal audits and controls, and compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists with internal controls to ensure proper control, monitoring and safeguarding of company assets
- Assists with reviews and audits of state and local DU volunteer chapters on random or by-request basis
- Assists with investigating any financial or operational matters or irregularities within the company and performs other audit reviews, as necessary
- Assists in the Regional Office Peer Review Program to promote common, efficient and effective financial and reporting practices centered around program utilization of government funding
- Assists with annual financial budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Assists with calculating and reviewing sales and use tax obligations
- Assists with calculating and tracking the annual State Operating Allowances/Rebate for state committees
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned
The successful intern candidate should be a Junior or Senior in pursuit of Bachelor of Accountancy or Finance degree. The candidate should maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Excellent inter-personal, communication, writing and organizational skills are necessary in this position along with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently or in a group are also important to this role.
To apply, please fill out the application materials on this link and attach a resume with references.
Please direct any questions to DU Human Resources email@example.com.
DUCKS UNLIMITED, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, military status, disability, age, or genetic information except where age or gender is a bona fide occupational qualification as allowed by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or over), disability (physical, mental or visual), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), military and veteran status, immigration status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.