Global Procurement & Logistics Intern- Summer 2024
Who We Are
Johns Manville is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial roofing, along with glass fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy.
A proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, we serve customers in more than 80 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive. We are passionate, we care about people, we perform at a superior level, and we protect others and our environments.
Pay Range$39,000.00-$48,800.00 Annual
This is the base salary pay range that an applicant can expect to make upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors.
Spend a summer in Littleton, CO working as an intern for the Johns Manville Corporation (JM). Here you will have access to the right tools and people as you learn about the Logistic industry. Since Johns Manville is part of the Berkshire Hathaway family, you will have a special opportunity to learn how the companies leverage their combined spend on certain projects. You will also get the opportunity to work alongside Global Supply Chain members and gather real world experience that will benefit you for years to come. Summer projects will focus on various areas of logistics, which may include involvement with day to day activities and projects, where you will connect with other JM Associates and liaison with carriers, warehouses or other service providers..
Sourcing Projects Execution
- Work with the Global Logistic team to develop Request for Quotation's for various logistic, warehouse and/or other services
- Work on projects to improve Johns Manville logistic service and cost.
- Leverage prior experience to quickly develop analyze and develop cost savings or service improvement opportunities in logistics
- Develop and or support development of logistic strategies.
- Ensures Global Logistics Team accurately and efficiently records project savings
- Run reports as needed of project savings for various business units
- Act as liaison between Global Logistics and finance groups within Johns Manville
- Continuous improvement of savings tool and tracking methodology
- Ensures satisfaction with internal and external customers
- Conducts all customer interactions in a manner that positively represents Johns Manville
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintain scorecard of results and metrics
- Use report analysis to recommend changes to program, or to identify corrective actions
- Use data analytics tool to properly report on category/product/material usage and pricing
- Use data automation tools to update market basket prices
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management or Applied Engineering Sciences with Supply Chain cognate
- Completed sophomore, junior or senior year of undergraduate course work and enrolled in classes for Spring 2024
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Procurement and Accounts Payable knowledge
- Previous internship/ Supply Chain experience preferred
Please Keep in Mind
If you do not meet 100% of these requirements, we at JM still want to hear from you. So, if you are interested in the role, we encourage you to apply so we can learn how your skills and talents can contribute to our team.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities. Our D&I council is composed of employees from locations across North American & Europe who meet regularly and work to promote and foster an environment of inclusion. Born from our D&I council is our network of employee resource groups (ERGs) that are focused on supporting diverse communities in the workplace. Review more about our diversity & inclusion initiatives on JM’s Career page.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.