The position of Writing Instructor is Open Until Filled to create a qualified instructor pool.
Are you interested in pushing the boundaries of what education could be for a dynamic community college in a beautiful rural setting? If yes, then this is the position for you!
As the Part-Time Writing Instructor. This position is primarily responsible for teaching up to seven courses per year in English Composition: Exposition and Argument, and/or Research Writing.
REVIEW THE JOB DESCRIPTION HERE:
If you have an interest in coming to work every day to invest in the vitality of our next generation's opportunities for career, personal and economic success, we welcome your application. We have the very best students, and our team is looking for the very best colleague to help reach its goals. Bring your energy, diligence, commitment, and collaborative spirit for student success to UCC.
REASONS TO WORK HERE
Fun, innovative atmosphere
Ability to transform lives and enrich communities
Opportunity to work with helpful, caring, and friendly coworkers
Professional Development Opportunities
Beautiful Rural CampusThe Douglas County community through UCC is building upon 50+ years of rich academic experiences and lives changed through higher education. We are a student-centered, positive working environment that thrives on innovation. We are committed to ensuring that everyone who interacts with our campus feels included, valued, and inspired to fulfill our mission to transform lives and enrich communities.
Umpqua Community College is located in beautiful Southern Oregon between the mountains of the Cascade Range to the east and the Coastal Range to the west. Hiking, biking, camping and skiing are a short car ride away and the town is surrounded on all sides by the amazing Umpqua River for fishing and water sports. The area is also home to over 40 wineries and many breweries with a bustling downtown. Roseburg has everything you’d want from a small town and has easy access to the bigger cities of Portland and Eugene by jumping on I-5. Roseburg has live-ability, a friendly feel and is ready to be home to your next career and family adventure. To learn more about our amazing community, click here: https://www.experienceroseburg.com/
- Masters degree from an accredited institution in English or related field required.
- College level teaching experience and online teaching experience desired.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
For full consideration applicants must submit with their application all of the following:
- A cover letter which addresses your interest in Umpqua Community College and how you would excel in this position;
- Current resume that includes educational and professional work experience;
- A list of 3 professional references listing contact information including email address;
- Copies of educational transcripts must be attached at the time of application submission. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application, official transcripts are required upon hire.
Umpqua Community College Honors Veterans Preference
Applicants are eligible to use Veterans’ Preference when applying with Umpqua Community College in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230 and 408.235; and OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015. Preference will be given only if the applicant meets the minimum criteria of the position and electronically attach the required documentation at the time of application.
- Member Copy 4 of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215)
- Letter from the US Department of Veterans’ Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of Veterans disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can request copies of your military service record through the National Archives website.
For information regarding Veterans’ Preference qualifications, visit www.oregonjobs.com.
If you wish to self-identify under Section 503 as an individual with a disability, please provide this information by completing Department of Labor Form CC-305 available at www.dol.gov.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
Umpqua Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, handicaps or veterans status. This policy affirms UCC's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all vestiges of discriminatory practices that might exist.
Employment with Umpqua Community College is contingent upon background check approval.