Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen is seeking a Research Associate I to participate in the development of drug programs. Responsibilities: Conduct experiments, analyze data and report results in electronic lab notebook to support manufacturing process development. Requirements: BS in chemistry, biochemistry, or a related discipline. Fundamental knowledge of protein chemistry and knowledge related to the detection of protein posttranslational modifications and chemical degradations using bioanalytical techniques. Hands-on analytical experience with liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, and other analytical methods. Strong organization and time management skills with attention to detail. Strong desire to achieve team and individual goals in a collaborative team environment.
- Performs analytical testing to support bioprocess development
- Records accurate, clear, and complete experimental results
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify outlier data
- Troubleshoots assay and instrumentation with assistance
- Contributes to lab upkeep and maintenance
- Collaborates within Analytical Sciences and cross functionally with sample submitters
- Presents results at group and/or department meetings
- A BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline with relevant experience in areas of analytical testing in biotechnology /pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Hands-on experience with protein chromatographic (e.g., SEC, RP, HIC), electrophoretic (e.g., CE-SDS, icIEF) and mass spectrometry techniques and other analytical methods preferred
- A proven team player with strong communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills with attention to details
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $65,500 to $79,800 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.