Tool & Die Specialist (Tupelo, MS, US)
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated is seeking a Tool & Die Specialist, for 1st shift, at its Super Sagless Hardware branch in Tupelo, MS, which specializes in producing mechanisms for motion furniture such as recliners and rockers.
As a Tool & Die Specialist you will undertake a variety of tasks relating to the repair and maintenance of auto progressive dies, weld fixtures, secondary dies, tube forming, tube piercing dies, tube benders and other related tooling. You will assist the company to maintain a productive work environment. Your team will value your creativity and hard work.
- Must be capable of working with extremely close tolerances. Have knowledge of CAD/CAM, and CNC machines is a plus. Capable of training other employees.
- Understand designs, develops, manufactures of dies, jigs, fixtures, machines and be capable of operating production equipment. Performs all aspects of machine and die building, working from blueprints, engineering sketches, piece parts, or verbal instructions. Performs all duties assigned with a minimum of supervision. Operates a variety of related precision metal working machinery and equipment, height gauges, sine plates, vertical mills, surface grinders, etc. Assist in try-out of all tools, making sure it produces acceptable parts.
- Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Welding and heat treating skills a plus
- Perform all other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two-year Associate’s Degree or equivalent education and experience
- 2 to 3 years of experience in tooling within a fast-paced assembly manufacturing environment
- Basic understanding of general maintenance, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com